Western Australian Innovation Strategy Public Sector Event
This event aims to inform the public sector about the State's first Innovation Strategy and key initiatives that will be rolled out as part of its implementation.
- Provide clarity around expectations of the public sector
- Identify support required for delivery against Strategic initiatives and identify ways to move forward
- Build a collaborative network acrross the public sector to support the delivery of key innovation initiatives
Who should attend?
- Senior Officers responsible for innovation within their agencies
- Public sector employees who are in a position that involves the delivery of implementation of innovation programs
- WA Public Sector Innovation Champions
The first ever Western Australian government Innovation Strategy was launched by the Minister for Innovation on the 2 November 2016. The Strategy outlines a number of initiatives that will be developed over a 4 year period. The strategy is underpinned by the State Government's $20 million innovation package which promotes Western Australia as a 'great place to live and innovate'.
The purpose of the Strategy is for government to grow and support innovation within Western Australia by having a focus on commercialisation, by reducing the time and cost for Innovators to commercilalise and access market opportunities locally and internationally.
The public sector will play an important role by supporting the growth of Innovators in Western Australia by being the first customer, incubating innovation within agencies and developing our own innovation programs.
- This event is open to Western Australian Public Service employees only.
- This event focuses on innovation and not the digital reform agenda being led by OGCIO.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.