Western Australian Public Sector Innovation – Agency Culture
This is the second in a series of events aimed at assisting the public sector foster greater innovation in daily work practices.
At this session you will hear:
- Individual agencies pitch how they are using innovation to improve product and service delivery.
- Firsthand accounts from start-ups who’ve experienced barriers when pitching for government work, and possible solutions to overcoming these barriers.
- An outline of the State Government’s Intellectual Property Policy and how it can apply to you and/or your agency.
- Help build a culture in agencies that is open and receptive to new ideas and new ways of doing business with others, for example, start-ups and SMEs.
- Identify how government can be the ‘first customer’ of innovation.
- Identify how agencies can incubate innovation relevant to their business needs
- Build across-agency networks were government problems are shared with start-ups and SMEs and solved collaboratively.
Who should attend?
- Officers, at all levels, responsible for fostering innovation in their agencies.
- Public sector employees who implement and/or deliver innovation programs.
- Officers keen to have a positive impact on the way innovation is generated across the whole public sector.
- Western Australian Public Sector Innovation Champions.
The Western Australian Innovation Strategy outlines a number of initiatives to grow and support innovation in Western Australia’s public sector. Those in the sector can ensure these initiatives are fostered and encouraged in their agencies and at the interface between government and innovators and SMEs. Developing and sustaining a strong and innovative culture in agencies is essential to identifying and optimising new ideas and improving products and service delivery.
- This event is open to Western Australian Public Sector employees only
- This event focuses on innovation and not the digital reform agenda being led by OGCIO