Management Essentials: Managing Change
The Centre for Public Sector Excellence is pleased to bring you our new Management Essentials workshops. Management Essentials incorporates a series of modules aimed at managers (levels 4-6) across the WA public sector.
Change needs to be made and sponsored from the frontline. This module aims to provide managers with a greater awareness of the drivers of change and practical strategies to become a more effective change agent in their own jurisdiction.
During this module, participants will:
- examine change in the public sector arising from the policy agenda, economic landscape, machinery of government, technology, demographics, community expectation and accountability
- discuss the role of the change agent in supporting reform in the public sector environment
- critically analyse how to best contribute to the change process as a manager or supervisor: lessening the negative, harnessing the positive within their own sphere of influence
- use case studies and scenarios to better understand leading change from ‘where you are’ to improve problem-solving, foster innovation and manage governance at ‘grassroots’
- outline a range of good managerial practices to focus on people throughout the change process: communicating, consulting and coaching with team and individual.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.