Management essentials: Managing risk
Management essentials (ME) is a series of modules delivered as individual workshops, aimed at mid-level managers (levels 4–6) across the WA public sector. ME empowers participants to make good decisions and lead from where they are, positively impacting the performance of their team, their agency, and the wider public sector.
Risk is unavoidable, and it is necessary for managers to engage with risk in a confident and measured manner. Managing risk provides a greater awareness of what is risk, risk-management principles, frameworks and processes, and assists participants to understand and apply risk-based decision-making.
During this module, participants will:
- understand that risk prevention is a proactive measure to support successful teams
- examine risk perspectives and the factors involved in risk-based decision-making
- discuss the principles of an integrated risk-management approach and its value to an organisation’s service delivery
- explore tools that qualitatively assess risk exposure and probability
- examine the roles and responsibilities of managers and other stakeholders in the effective implementation of risk management
- consider how to foster probity in a team, in an environment where all staff identify and manage risk within their roles.
The cost per participant is $165.00 per workshop (exc GST).
To participate in ME, participants must be in a Level 4 – 6 role managing a team of direct reports, providing ample opportunities to apply learnings direct from the workshop to the workplace.
For more information on other modules and more on the eligibility and benefits of the program please visit the Management essentials webpage.
Please direct any enquiries to the leadership team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 6552 8516.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.