Thinking And Speaking Off The Cuff - How To Speak Confidently Without Notice
The Thinking and Speaking off the Cuff workshop will put you ahead of the rest in terms of your ability to respond off the cuff, speak without notice, impromptu speaking and your ability to respond to questions from an audience. This one day workshop is designed to help you think and talk on your feet in situations that may arise unexpectedly, or without notice.
The ability to think and speak on your feet is a tremendous asset to have in your social, business and daily life. Speaking off the cuff is often required for meetings, impromptu presentations, supervising staff, job interviews and when responding to questions from an audience. To successfully communicate your ideas in these situations, with no time to prepare, you must be able to organise your thoughts quickly and present them in a clear and logical manner.
The Thinking and Speaking off the Cuff workshop will give you off the cuff skills and teach you know how to:
- Respond to questions from the floor - Be eloquent, be effective, and be relevant
- Buy time and organise your thoughts - Resist time pressure and think before you speak
- Structure your response
- Follow the simple mini speech structure - structure is often abandoned in off the cuff speaking
- Use the rule of “Three” - the tricolon is one of the most effective tools in public speaking
- Get to the point - less is often more, and keep it simple always wins as long as you have a point
- Leave them with a memorable message - end strong and end confidently
- Call on fail safe backup techniques - simple models and simple tools allow you to respond confidently and effectively
- Respond effectively at job interview - what are the interview panel looking for and how can you est display this.