Job Application and Interview Skills
In this course you will learn about the essential elements in preparing a winning job application. The first half of this course will explain how to best present your experience so the selection panel has a clear picture of your relevant skills, experience and attitude. This session covers the resume, addressing selection criteria, language, style, use of references, and explanation of your relevant experience.
The second half of the course will explore the interview process and the skills critical to being a successful interviewee. This session will cover planning and preparing for an interview, identifying likely questions, presenting at your interview, examples to take, language, and what to ask at the end.
- Understanding the shortlisting process that will assess your application
- Understanding of the essential elements to consider in your job application
- Ensuring your resume is effective and interesting
- Understanding how to address selection criteria
- Understanding of the interview process and how to prepare for the interview
- Understand how to develop the likely questions that will be asked
- Use of your interpersonal skills as part of effective communication processes
- Understanding the shortlisting process
- Your application – what to attach and what to leave at home
- The resume – effective for the job or not?
- Understanding the job you are applying for
- Addressing selection criteria – how much to say, what to say and ensuring you address the criteria
- Preparing for interview – what to do
- Put yourself on the panel and identify the likely questions you’ll be asked
- Preparation of what to say and your best examples
- The types of questions commonly asked at interview
- Presentation at interview
- Integrity and honesty
- Attitude at interview
- Referees – can they get me to the top?
- Seeking feedback – why bother?
- Lecture / Seminar
- Large group participation
- Small group break-outs
Tools and handouts:
- Facilitators handbook
- Participants handbook
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.