This is a 10 week course. Participants attend for 2 hours per week.
Every Public Sector employee needs to be able to communicate in English effectively. Everyone needs to be able to spell correctly, understand phonics and origins of words, as well as parts of speech. Vocabulary building is essential and knowing how to construct a sentence, as well as basic punctuation is extremely important in order to work efficiently.
In this course you will learn about:
- Phonics and Spelling - phonograms (letters and letter combinations), sounds of the English language, blends, letter patterns, basic spelling rules and plural formation.
- Origins of Words - a brief history of the English Language, introduction to Latin and Greek etymology.
- Parts of Speech - nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, pronouns, conjunctions and articles.
- Vocabulary Building - synonyms, antonyms, homophones and homographs.
- Putting it together - basic sentence formation and word order.
- Basic Punctuation - capital and full stop, comma, question mark, exclamation mark, apostrophe and speech marks.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.