English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESL) - Level 1
This is a 10 week course. Participants attend for 2 hours per week.
Public Sector employees whose first language is not English would benefit from studying this course. It is a multilevel English course and will help improve English skills. Participants will study a series of topics to help them improve their ability to speak, listen, read and write in English. This not a beginner’s course.
- Learn Common grammar terms (verb, adjective, noun etc)
- Know how to use simple: positive, negative and question forms
- Know how to use continuous: positive, negative and question forms
- Know the difference between past simple: regular and irregular: positive, negative and question forms
- Be able to answer comprehension questions from written text
- Learn how to write simple sentences
- Learn the protocols for writing a formal and informal letter
- Understand the do's and don'ts in writing an email
- Be able to give a speech/talk in small group and pair discussions
- Be able to recount news stories in class
- Learn techniques when speaking in an Interview/survey
- Learn how to listen to comprehension questions
- Learn how to listen for missing words
- Learn how to listen to discriminate different sounds
- Learn how to take dictation
- Learn how to use prediction as a listening aid
- Practice two way information gap activities
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.