English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESL) - Level 2
This is a 10 week course. Participants attend for 2 hours per week.
This is an extension of the Level 1 course. It is recommended that participants complete the Level 1 course first or have some equivalent knowledge. You will be engaged in grammar, speaking, listening, reading and writing activities at a higher level.
There is an assessment with feedback to participants of their level of competency in grammar, speaking, listening and writing.
Course content may vary according to participants needs.
Some work will be included from the following skills:
Pronunciation and Vocabulary
- Using the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Using a bilingual dictionary
- Diphthong/Consonant sounds
- More homophones
- Review/introduction of/to common grammar terms (verb, adjective, noun etc)
- Past Simple: regular and irregular: positive, negative and question forms
- Past Continuous: positive, negative and question forms
- Past Simple versus Past Continuous – which do we use?
- Prepositions of place (on, in, next to…)
- Grammar through analysis of reading materials
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.