Improve Your English - Level 1
This is a 10 week course. Participants attend for 2 hours per week.
This course is designed to improve written English language skills for personal, work/professional or educational purposes.
- Learn how to use a dictionary
- Understand parts of speech
- Learn the terminology of grammar
- Learn the rules of spelling – “Getting it Right”
- Understand the levels of language
- Learn how to expand your vocabulary – Learn how to use a thesaurus
- Be able to construct a sentence
- Know the different kinds of sentences – Simple – Compound – Complex – Compound-Complex
- Understand the use of phrases and clauses
- Use punctuation correctly – The comma, full stop, capitalization
- Learn about the structure and form of a paragraph
- Understand the importance of the topic sentence
- Learn about examples of paragraphs – Narrative, Descriptive, Opinionative
- Learn how to write a good letter
- Know how to consider for whom the letter is intended
- Use appropriate level of language in correspondence
- Learn the rules for use of the apostrophe
- Understanding the format of a letter
- Learn how to write extended pieces of writing such as reports and essays
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.