Improve Your Maths - Level 1
All public sector employees need to be able to calculate, understand and use mathematics well. This is a low level beginners' Mathematics course which covers basic strands - namely Numbers Theory and Measurement. This course is suitable for adults with limited numeracy and literacy skills and/or those who did not complete high school.
This is a 10 week course, two hours per week.
In this course you will learn about:
- Number Theory - Basic Operations, Order of Operations (Precedence Rule).
- Factors - Multiples, Prime Numbers, Lowest Common Multiple, Highest Common Factor.
- Decimals - Rounding, Multiplication and Division involving multiples of 10, more decimals, Basic Operations.
- Fractions - Conversion of Decimals to Fractions, Simplifying Fractions, Types of Fractions, Equivalent Fractions, Basic Operations.
- Percentages - Conversion between Percentage and Fractions, Conversion between Metric Units.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.