This is a 10 week course. Participants attend for 2 hours per week.
This course is for anyone with basic computer skills who wishes to use the Office Suite of applications to improve their productivity in the home or office. You will use Microsoft Office in this course to learn the fundamentals of Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint. All skills are transferable to other versions of office.
- Opening and closing existing documents.
- Creating a new document and saving. Save As...
- Switching between open documents.
- Using Help.
- Editing text.
- Text selection - mouse and keyboard methods.
- Text enhancement - font, sizes and style – toolbar.
- Spell checking, grammar checking.
- Format Painter, highlighter, changing case
- Undo, Redo.
- Alignment of text.
- Cut/Copy and Paste
- Borders around paragraphs.
- Features of the worksheet – columns, rows, cells, ranges, formula bar, sheet tabs, labels, values, formulae.
- Previewing and printing
- Formatting to improve appearance.
- Using Excel to solve simple spreadsheet problems.
- Using functions.
- Database terminology – field, record, file, database objects - table, form, query, report.
- Features of Access – the database window.
- Creating a single table.
- Entering and editing data, changing the table – adding a field, deleting a record.
- Creating other objects - a form, a query, a report.
- Mail Merge
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.