Creating Accessible Documents
This course focuses on the much-needed fundamentals to ensure your documents are accessible to all users. This is pertinent bearing in mind that opening up access to your agency’s documents increases readership and comprehension of important policies and guidelines.
Making your content accessible is a best practice and requirement as Australia has now adopted the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.0 as the standard for website accessibility. Participants in this course will gain an insight into how to make documents accessible to various disability groups.
To achieve this, technical tools and a variety of options are discussed in achieving specific accessibility goals. Hands-on practice and group discussions help reinforce the content learnt in the theory sections of this course.
On completion, a participant will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of providing accessible documents on the website;
- Format documents in MS Word that will improve their accessibility when converted to PDF ;
- Recognise the usefulness of:
- Formatting headings;
- Applying alternative text to links and images and
- Setting property parameters such as language and title
- Check documents for accessibility
Please contact Vivienne Conway via telephone or email to register.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.